Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Welcome, parents & students, to Rosecrest’s production of “The Little Mermaid, Jr”! I love this musical and I am so excited to be directing for Rosecrest once again!

Rosecrest elementary has a long history of musical theater.  I was introduced to this in 2008 when I was asked to direct the musicals for the school.  That first year we produced “Beauty and the Beast Jr” with myself as director and Mariann Lucy as musical director.  Later, I brought in a professional dancer and choreographer (a former student and great friend), Alex Rasmussen, for “Annie, Jr”.  

During the next five years at Rosecrest we produced five musicals.  I would have loved to continue, however, my family and I moved to California, Texas, and Arizona for work related reasons. Fortunately, we found our way back home to Millcreek where we plan to stay. Now, with the pandemic behind us, Marriann, Alex and I are also back together and in full swing for “The Little Mermaid, Jr”. 

You will find below a rehearsal schedule (please be aware that this may change). We have a tight schedule this year due to a variety of scheduled school days off.  You will notice that I have scheduled rehearsals on “short days” before long weekends.  It is imperative that your student check the schedule daily and attend the rehearsals they are scheduled. Rehearsals will run from Mondays to Thursdays leaving Fridays open for Stage Crew.

I have listed the rehearsals below with a M for Musical Rehearsals or a C for Choreography rehearsals. If it reads M – Blocking or C – Blocking, it means we are doing both, Blocking and Music or Blocking and Choreography.

*Click on image to view schedule bigger.




No comments:

Post a Comment